Friday, December 2, 2011

8 weeks

We've officially hit the two month mark today! With a little more than 7 months to go, it feels like it's already kind of flying by. In three weeks we'll be announcing to our families, and then to friends and others. And then it's on to the second trimester!

Obviously this past week was an exciting one, given that we had our first appointment and got to see you for the first time. I just love looking at the little sonogram picture, and imagining what you'll be like. Are you a little boy or a girl? I know some women feel like they "know" before they really do, but honestly I don't have a strong feeling one way or another. Will you look more like mommy or daddy? Will you be more quiet, reserved and shy like daddy? Or will you be a passionate firecracker like your mom? Chances are you'll be stubborn and competitive, like both of your parents. Or, maybe not! Perhaps you'll share your dad's deep love of music, or your mom's love of reading. Maybe you'll have strong organizational skills like daddy, or your mommy's creativity and eye for design. I can't wait to see who you become.

raspberries

At this point you're only about the size of a raspberry (another source likened you to a gummy bear), and your little hands and feet have started developing fingers and toes. You should also have tiny eyelids, and your upper lip and ears should be forming now. You're getting bigger and bigger every day, and in a few short weeks you'll be the size of a lime!

I've been mostly feeling good this last week. The fatigue is still my biggest symptom, which can be rough on its own. Some days I really just want to lay my head on my desk and take a nap -- but I'm right out in the open and everyone would see. And I've been trying really hard to not raise any suspicions if I can help it. I did vomit once, earlier this week -- but I'm not sure if it was morning sickness or a coincidence. I had a gag reflex while brushing my tongue (which I've had happen before), but unlike every other time in the past, this time I actually threw up a little. Not pleasant.... Most days I feel super hungry, and I've been trying to eat smaller meals throughout the day to help with that. I find that I feel good when I'm eating, but shortly after I finish I'm starving again. Yesterday was an awful day. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before due to some unpleasant dreams, and waking at about 2:30 am with my mind racing, and unable to fall back asleep for like 45 minutes. I developed a headache early on in the day, and I think it may have been partially related to suddenly feeling very sensitive to fragrant smells. Any sort of perfume-like fragrance was just assaulting my nose. By the time I got home last night I felt like complete crap and really just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. Your daddy was very sweet, and cuddled with me for a little bit before running out to grab a healthy dinner of Taco Bell (not something I'd normally eat... but it that fresco bean burrito seemed to really hit the spot).

No comments:

Post a Comment