Sunday, December 18, 2011

10 weeks

We're now in double digits and 25% through the pregnancy! We're also getting that much closer to announcing to everyone, and being at the end of the first trimester.

I know I'm a day late in posting this, but yesterday was a long day. I spent the whole week in Boston for work, and flew back yesterday. By the time I got home I was exhausted and looking forward to my own bed. It was a really busy week of running around to all of the trainings and meetings I had set up. There was really no time for relaxing, or sight seeing or anything like that. Nonetheless, it was quite an experience and I did have some fun (despite feeling exhausted all week). I'm glad to be back home, where I'm more comfortable though. It was a challenge all week trying to hide you (with my need to avoid certain foods, and not drinking any alcohol, and looking kind of "puffy" around the middle).

I think this last week is about the time that you would begin drinking the amniotic fluid, and that your taste buds should have begun forming around week 8. I got to eat lobster a couple of times this week, so perhaps you got your first taste of that (since whatever I eat will "flavor" the amniotic fluid)! Such a refined palette you're developing!

kumquats

Developmentally, you're now about the size of a kumquat.... I can't say I've ever had or seen a kumquat in person, so this week's "fruit" isn't really doing much for me except making me scratch my head and say "kum-qwhat?" Other sources compare you to a prune. Somehow, I imagine a kumquat being the tastier of the two.

We also got the news earlier this week that your daddy is not a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene! It's definitely a relief. You still have a 50/50 chance of being a carrier yourself, but being a carrier shouldn't have any negative impact on your health, and will not cause cystic fibrosis for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment