Friday, December 30, 2011

12 weeks

One more week until the second trimester! It's hard to believe we're already almost a third of the way there. This week you're about the size of a lime.

limes
I'm definitely starting to feel more pregnant. My belly is pushing out more, and I'm noticing more twinges and minor aches when I sit down, stand up, lean over, move around a bunch, walk, or even sometimes when I'm just standing/lying there.

Last night was a bit of a milestone -- it was the first night in many, many weeks that I didn't get up in the middle of the night, at least once, to pee! My uterus must be stretching upwards now, and expanding away from my bladder. I know it won't last long, because soon you'll be nice and big and smooshing everything inside of me. I also noticed that for the last day or two I'm feeling a little less fatigued. I'm still tired often during the day, but not as badly as I had been. And I've actually stayed up a little later than I've become accustomed to (going to bed with daddy around 8/8:30 had become the norm) the last couple of nights -- although I was still in bed, reading, and on my way to sleep by 9:30.

The announcements continue. I see our friend Jess this evening. And then hopefully tomorrow night I'll see our friends/neighbors JT and Aaron. I also told our friend Janae, via email (since she lives in Austin, TX and telling her in person would be practically impossible). Next week I plan to tell work, and I've already arranged to have lunch with the other women I work closely with next Thursday to tell them the news.


No comments:

Post a Comment