Friday, December 9, 2011

9 weeks

We've reached week 9, and I'm feeling fine! Well... mostly. Still pretty exhausted. Between the general fatigue, long days at work, crazy dreams and waking at least once in the middle of the night to pee, I'm pooped. Although, I'm also not complaining, because still no real morning sickness. I don't recall any days where I was feeling "icky" most of the day either in this last week, and the previous week's voracious appetite settled down some. I've had a few new breakouts on my face in the last few days as well, which is kind of obnoxious.
grapes

I'm starting to notice my lower pelvic area getting a little "puffier", although I'm not really "showing". According to the books, my uterus should be doubled in size by now (and roughly the size of a grapefruit), and you are now about the size of a grape or green olive. You're getting bigger and bigger every day, so it won't be too long before I'm showing for real!


Last week was dominated mostly by your daddy being down in Irvine for work training, and wrapping my brain around the whole cystic fibrosis thing. Oh, and Christmas shopping! I managed to put a really good dent in that this week too. Your cousin, Lily, is almost one so shopping for toys and things for her felt a little extra special, because many of the toys and things I came across might be things you'll own one day. I found myself wondering what kinds of toys you'd like best. Will you have a favorite stuffed animal or blanket that never leaves your side? Will a musical toy get you dancing with glee? Maybe you'll love when mommy and daddy read you a particular book. Or perhaps you'll be gaga over something that lets you explore and be active.

Next week, we travel to Boston for mommy's work. It'll be the first time out there for both of us! It promises to be a very busy week, with back to back training sessions, and meetings, and lunches and holiday parties. There will be little to no time for exploring around Boston, unfortunately. But I'd almost rather share that with your daddy (and possibly you) someday anyway. Travel and culture is something I really hope to expose you to as you get older. Neither me or your daddy got to do a lot of traveling as kids, for varying reasons, so we've tried to incorporate that into our adult lives. There is so much that we haven't had the chance to see yet though, and I look forward to making future family trips and memories out of that with you and daddy and any other siblings you may someday have. For instance, earlier this year daddy and I took a small road trip down the coast of California for our anniversary. As I was researching for the trip, I came across a blog about a young family that had packed up their van and started driving across the country, exploring. Their kids were young, but it really looked like such a special trip, and a lot of fun. I would love to do something just like that as a family one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment