Friday, February 24, 2012

20 weeks

Woooah! We're half way there! Woooah! Living on a prayer!

Yes... your daddy and I sung that to each other this morning, before he left for work and as I was rolling out of bed. By the time you're reading this, I'm sure you'll be quite familiar with daddy's penchant for busting out in song in response to everything. And the fact that this habit has rubbed off on me, so I can't quite claim innocence here!

This week you're roughly the length of a banana, or about 10 inches from head to heel.
banana
20 weeks marks the midway point of the pregnancy. Granted, you could come a couple of weeks before or after the "standard" 40 weeks. Hopefully a little on the earlier side! But if you're stubborn and independent like your mama, I'm sure you'll opt to do things your own way, thankyouverymuch.

Today is your cousin Isaiah's 3rd birthday. Nana and Uncle Jeff are supposed to have him for the evening, and are going to have a little party for him at Nana's house. This will be the first time that your daddy and I will have met Isaiah. Unfortunately, Uncle Jeff has had some difficulties with Isaiah's mother over the last few years, and it has resulted in most of the family having never met the little guy, because even Uncle Jeff hasn't been able to see him very much. But, it seems like that situation has improved at least a little over the last few months, and I know Uncle Jeff and Nana have been able to have Isaiah for a day or evening a little more often now.

Sunday is also the big "gender reveal" party! I'm still trying to work out last minute details, while also trying not to totally overwhelm myself. I've been kind of tired and "blah" feeling the last couple of days. It's hard to feel creative and motivated when you're feeling like you'd rather just take a really long nap. I'm actually really glad we scheduled it for Sunday though (originally it was going to be tomorrow), because it gives me all day tomorrow to prep. In any case, I'm sure it will be exciting to share the news with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment