Friday, January 13, 2012

14 weeks

Happy Friday the 13th! Not that Friday the 13th, of course. But the first of three this year! Naturally, the last one is the best, because that's your due date!


I'm still feeling tired, and hoping that lifts sometime soon. Oh, like maybe tomorrow would be a good day for my energy to come back home. My energy level is admittedly better than it was back in November, and I'm not falling asleep on the couch at like 6:30 anymore. But I still feel wiped out by later in the day, and have been heading to bed early with Daddy every night still. And here I sit, at my desk at work, at 8:40 in the morning, yawning like I had just pulled an all-nighter.

This week, you should be roughly the size of my fist. Or possibly a lemon? Hmmm... a lemon seems small to me, or maybe it's just because the peaches (your "fruit size" from last week) tend to be ginormous in the grocery store.

lemon
In updates... last Saturday I told your Great Grandma Margaret about you, and she was very happy to hear the news. I also told her about how we were able to tell your Great Grandpa Howard about you before he passed away, and that seemed to make her happy too.

On Sunday, we officially let the cat fully out of the bag. Daddy is a big fan of Converse shoes, so we posed a cute photo with me and Daddy in our black and white Converse, with your little baby converse next to us. Daddy added a little caption and then posted it onto Facebook for everyone to see. I announced on Facebook by posting the video of Nana Shirley opening her "Christmas present" with the balloons and sonogram of you inside. It's so nice to have it fully out in the open now!


We just found out yesterday that your crib should be arriving on Monday! That shipped super fast! Way faster than I expected it to, but better super early than super late. We'll need to store it in the garage for a while though, because your nursery is currently full of boxes and other stuff that still needs to be sorted through and stored away somewhere. Some of that stuff will be heading into my closet/craft room, which I'll likely work on this weekend, so hopefully soon we can have it cleared so we can start prepping it for you.

I think I had my first dream about you last night... although I'm not quite sure. In the dream, I was over at your Great Aunty Jeanette's house, and was trying to find a place to put you down for a nap. In the dream, you were a little baby girl. The dream was kind of fuzzy and vague though, so I can't feel really sure about it. It's also interesting since I keep getting "boy vibes" about you when I'm awake. The only other time I dreamed about having kids, since becoming pregnant, was back in November. But in that dream we had older kids, and there were at least two, and I think the oldest in that one was a girl too. There's certainly nothing scientific about any of these dreams or the "vibes" I've been getting, but it's interesting to speculate nonetheless!


No comments:

Post a Comment