Friday, March 30, 2012

25 weeks

Today marks 25 weeks. We've got a few more days until we hit double digits, in terms of days left (until your due date).

This week has been pretty busy, with work anyway, and also really wet and rainy. The last couple of days have also been abuzz with excitement about the Mega Millions lottery -- the jackpot is expected to be over half a billion dollars (I think right now, it's over $600 million. Apparently every possible number combination has been sold, at least once, by now -- so someone is guaranteed to win. While I generally don't ever buy tickets for those kinds of things, I can't help put pitch in a few dollars towards the possibility at more than half a billion dollars. It's insane to even fathom having that much money. It's funny though, because I remember when I was a kid, and just being a millionaire was considered to be a huge deal. And now, being a mere millionaire isn't all that impressive. I wonder if, someday, you'll be reading this and thinking "ha! Half a billion? That's chump change!"

Daddy and I were originally going to do our babymoon trip this weekend, but were too late in booking something before stuff started filling up and/or prices started skyrocketing. So, we've postponed it until the weekend of April 20-23. We booked a room in Hermosa Beach for that weekend, at a hotel that's right on the beach. I'm looking forward to it -- it should be a nice relaxing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment