Saturday, March 10, 2012

22 weeks

Yet another week down! This week you're about the size of a papaya. There has also been a shift (in the various books, websites, etc. I read) from measuring you crown-to-rump, and now measuring you in your full length. According to some of those sources, you're about 11 inches now! So, probably about half the length you'll be by the time you're born. You should also weigh roughly a pound now, but will be gaining another 6-9 times that amount in the next four months. Let's hope it's on the lower end of that!
papaya

This last week was fairly mellow (at least compared to the crazy week at work before!) Daddy went camping over the weekend with his old friend, Mark. They, and a few other guys, went up to Lake Englebright, where they kayaked into their camping site. They left early Friday morning, after I had already left for work, so I didn't see Daddy again until late Sunday afternoon.

I opted to have a fun, easy weekend myself. Friday night I went to Target and bought a few fun new pieces of maternity clothes. Saturday morning I went to get my hair cut, and then drove down to San Jose to meet Aunty Yen right after. We met up at Santana Row and enjoyed a yummy brunch at LB Steakhouse. We split an order of brioche french toast and a lobster roll. Yum! Afterward, we began wandering down the street, window shopping and gabbing. Later in the afternoon, we grabbed a couple of cool beverages, and found a nice bench where we were able to people watch and gab some more, and enjoy the beautiful weather we were having. Then we headed out and I had dinner with Uncle Jason and Aunty Yen at a nearby Cuban spot they love. Sunday I spent mostly cleaning up from the party the weekend before, and taking care of a few other odds and ends things. I was so ready for Daddy to come home, because I was definitely missing him!

Now I'm working on researching a babymoon, possibly for the end of the month. We're thinking of going somewhere in Southern California. I'm hoping for some place relaxing, ideally on the beach, where I can get a nice massage and eat some tasty things. Normally I'm all about more active vacations, and wanting to see/do all kinds of new things. A relaxing, lay-around-and-do-nothing type of trip is more your daddy's style. So, he's certainly not objecting this time around! The only difficulty is in figuring out where to go. I don't want to be too close to home, but also don't want to go too far. And every place I look at is either underwhelming or overpriced. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged. But, I'm sure we'll find something, one way or another. Worst case scenario, we could always go back to Laguna Beach, which is where we ended our Pacific Coast Highway road trip last summer. The hotel we stayed at had rooms with balconies that hung over the ocean waves (during high tide anyway), so you had a completely unobstructed view of the ocean. It was such a relaxing, beautiful spot, with dolphins actually playing in the reflection of the sunset on the water one night as we stood on our balcony. It was heavenly! That's the vibe I'm looking for, but possibly in some place we haven't been before. We'll see what we can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment