Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finally!

It has been an exciting couple of days for Daddy -- at least as it pertains to you (he's been on call at work, and called out, so anything but excited there!). Over the weekend, we were laying in bed one morning (I think it was Saturday, because I made him breakfast in bed -- or "breakfast from bed" as we dorkily refer to it), and I felt you starting to kick. I looked down and noticed that your kicks were making my belly twitch. I called Daddy's attention to it, and he knelt down next to the bed to watch. Shortly thereafter, you kicked me again, and Daddy's eyes got really big, and he looked up at me and smiled. He saw your kick!

Then, last night, we were enjoying "dinner from bed" (poor Daddy had worked until midnight the night before, and then had to be at work by 9 yesterday morning, and didn't get home until almost 5, so he was pooped -- I decided to bring dinner up to him so he could relax). You started kicking me again as I was eating, and I noticed my belly twitching again. I pointed it out to Daddy, but he couldn't really see it because you were kicking on the far left side of my belly, and Daddy was sitting to my right. He decided to stick his hand over there instead, and after a few seconds you kicked me again, except this time Daddy felt it! He was so excited and said "there's actually something in there!" He felt you kick one more time, and then he laid his head on my belly and started talking softly to you. I couldn't hear what he was saying really well (since the TV was on), but it was clearly a special bonding moment for you and him. So sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment