Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Making progress?

On Friday (your due date), after I posted in the morning, Daddy and I got a little more work done around the house and then went to go get pedicures. My poor feet were looking pretty rough, especially since my last pedicure was back in early June. Generally, they tell pregnant women these days to avoid the ankle massage when getting a pedicure, because it could trigger labor. So, naturally, I told the woman to go ahead and be extra "vigorous" with the massage, hoping that maybe it would induce!

Then we headed over to Gay 90's Pizza in Pleasanton, where they have a pizza on the menu called the "Frank's Special" that is rumored to be a labor inducer. There are claims that women have eaten that pizza and gone into labor on their way out the door, or the next day. Of course, the waitress made a big deal out of it, and brought me a framed news article about the "labor inducing pizza". As we were waiting for our food, I got up to use the restroom and a woman stopped me and told me that both of her kids were born the day after she ate the Frank's Special at Gay 90's. And the waitress came by again later to say there was a woman with an infant on the other side of the restaurant who said she had her baby the day after eating it too. If nothing else, it was exciting to give it a try!

Unfortunately... neither the pedicure or the pizza seemed to do the trick. We made it through the whole weekend with nary a sign.

We did manage to get a bunch more stuff done over the weekend though. Your room is now pretty close to being complete. There are jut a few small details -- some of which I can't complete until after you're born anyway -- and then we need to get some doors for your closet (but that's not a big priority anyway). I also packed/organized a few more things in my hospital bag. And I started working on putting together the diaper bag.

I also noticed that, on Saturday morning I actually slept in for the first time in quite a while! Obnoxiously, I've been finding that I've been getting up sometimes between 5:30-7am (even the whole time I've been off work, prior to Saturday). I generally feel like I could still stand to sleep, but my brain is just up and ready to start the day, so I wind up laying in bed for a long time before finally giving in. But, on Saturday I think I slept in until nearly 10 am! And I took a nap later in the afternoon because I was feeling so tired. Sunday and yesterday morning I also slept in. Not that I'm complaining... especially since I also recently shifted from waking every 2 hours to pee, to waking every 1.5 hours (or sometimes even every hour and fifteen minutes!) to pee instead.

Then, last night, Daddy and I went to grab some late take-out for dinner. As we were sitting on the couch eating and watching a show, I started to notice a little tightening feeling in my lower abdomen and back. The feeling lasted maybe 30-60 seconds, and would come and go every 5-6 minutes or so (sometimes longer). At first I didn't say anything, because I wasn't sure if I was feeling contractions, or of it was just gas or sitting at an awkward angle or something. But after a few, I gathered that they might be small, early contractions and mentioned something to Daddy (whose eyes and smile got really big) and then tried to caution him not to get too excited, because "who knows"... We decided to head to bed, so we could get as much rest as possible in case we were in fact getting close.

I had a pretty typical night's sleep (typical for how things have been lately, anyway), but didn't notice any more contractions in the middle of the night. When I woke this morning, a little after 8am, I still didn't notice any more contractions or anything. Daddy and I lingered in bed for a bit, and then he got up to start getting ready for a doctor's appointment he has this morning (for his eyes). I got out of bed about 9:30, and noticed a few minutes later that there was a tiny wet spot on the front of my nightgown. At first I thought it was maybe from the bathroom sink (where I had just been washing my mouth guard), but when I felt my panties, there was definitely more going on, since there was marked wetness there too! It was colorless, and didn't look/smell like urine, and it felt thin (so I'm not sure that it's part of the mucus plug). So, perhaps my water broke, or sprung a little leak? I'm not really sure! I'm not having any more contractions though... so hopefully if the amniotic sac is starting to leak, those will be starting soon. Hopefully this means you're coming soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment