Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting Closer!

We're two days out from your due date! I woke up this morning and noticed a bit of brownish spotting in my underwear, from overnight. Possibly part of the mucus plug, and a sign that things are progressing down there. Although, it's no indication of when labor might actually start, but I'm excited for progress! I've also noticed in the last day or two that it feels like you've dropped a bit lower. I'm having a harder time walking, and feeling more pressure on my lower abdomen/pelvis and everything else down there.

I decided to take my routine photo today, since I'm practically at 40 weeks, and I didn't want to risk that I went into labor and never got to take another photo after 35 weeks.


Daddy has managed to nearly complete his master bedroom project too! The walls are all back up and painted, and he installed the bedside lamp next to my side and is working on installing the lamp on his side today. He also started replacing the floor in the closet (and is maybe halfway done), and building out the closet's interior so he has his own space for storing his clothes. He's super excited about that!

Work on the nursery continues, but it's coming along. It's really all just decorative details at this point (and closet doors, eventually, but we haven't even purchased them). I got most of the vintage baby clothes display up on the wall -- I'm just waiting on a shelf to arrive for my pink shoes, and I need to find a hook or two for my christening gown and your "coming home" gown. I think we've decided to scrap hanging the bird cages we used for our wedding from the ceiling. Daddy was concerned about bonking his head on them and having them fall on you. I can't find another decent place to hang them, so they're heading back into storage. Instead, I'm trying to work on making an angel mobile to hang above your changing pad, but I need a few more supplies. I don't think it's something I'll be able to get done before you arrive (unless you arrive very late). I also have a few other craft projects I'm working on that I'm not sure I'll be able to get done before you're born, because I'm also waiting on some more supplies to complete them.

Other than that, we've started looking around at day care options, for when I return to work in October. There's a place we toured yesterday that we both like, that's super close to our house. We might decide to go with that one, but I'm waiting to hear back from one other woman, just so I can feel like I've explored our options enough (we also looked at another center yesterday, but neither of us were very happy with it; and we've also gotten a lot of "no openings" from other places we've called).

Daddy and I are both getting very excited to meet you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment