Friday, July 6, 2012

39 weeks

I can't believe there's only one week to go until your due date. Where has the time gone? I remember the first trimester dragging on so slowly. And then things steadily picked up from there. The last few weeks have really felt like they've flown by. Especially this last week, since I've been off work.

It probably helps that I've been keeping pretty busy. I've managed to check a lot of things off my to-do list in the last week -- although I still have a lot more I want to get done! I've done a bunch of organization in your nursery, washed a bunch of your things yesterday, worked on some of the decorations for your room (some of them, though, I'm convinced just won't get done until after you're born, unless you come really late). I'm definitely getting more tired though, so I eventually hit a wall and have to stop and take a nap or something. It doesn't help that, despite being off work (I'm so, so glad I took this time off!), I've been waking up fairly early most mornings -- usually between 6-7 am, and feeling like I'm still tired but not able to go back to sleep. I think my brain gets too anxious to get started with the day and get some things done. I had one morning as well where I woke up at 3:30, and couldn't get back to sleep for about 2+ hours. So much for trying to catch up on my sleep before you get here!

Wednesday was the 4th of July, and we had a little block party with the neighbors (it's the second year we've done it... so it's still kind of loosely organized, but we usually set up food, tables, etc. in the front yards, and then do fireworks in the curve of the street in front of our house, with everyone gathered on our lawns to watch). Daddy and I had Nana, Uncle Andy, Aunt Sandra, Kayla and Lily, Grandma and Grandpa Guerra, Uncle Jason and Aunty Yen over as well. Wednesday was a bit of a "wasted" day, in terms of my to-do list, because I felt like I spent most of it running around getting stuff ready for the evening's festivities -- and this was despite the fact that I kept it super low-key, and didn't even make anything more complicated than a fruit salad!

Daddy took this week and next week off of work, so he's been home with me all week too. He's been working hard every day on the master bedroom, and trying to get that project done before your arrival. I think he's just about ready to spray texture on the walls, and then prime and paint. He might work on that this weekend. So, maybe we'll have the master bedroom in decent order by the time you arrive!

That is assuming you don't decide to make your entrance in the next day or two... I haven't really had any  definitive signs of labor. I mostly feel the same as usual. Although, a little bit ago Daddy and I were in Orchard Supply Hardware, picking out the paint for the master bedroom, and I started feeling a little "jittery". I'm not sure how else to better explain it. It's like I felt a bit off, and I think my pulse may have been a little higher, and I just felt kind of anxious. I've heard some women describe similar feelings before they went into labor. But, who knows... it could just be that long to-do list nagging me while I sat on my big, pregnant rump in one of the patio chairs at Orchard as our paint was being made. Of course, I then made the "mistake" of telling Daddy about how I was feeling, and suddenly he started feeling kind of "jittery" too! When I came to bed last night, Daddy was already passed out in bed, with a copy of "The Birth Partner" in his hand. He told me this morning he had been reading about possible signs of labor. So, of course now he's getting a little excited! It probably doesn't help that your cousin, Kayla, apparently told her mom that her "cousin is coming on her birthday", and she meant you (and today is Kayla's birthday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment