Friday, June 22, 2012

37 weeks

We're now officially "full term"! Although, I'm still not ready for you to make your debut just yet. And, despite being "full term", you could still stand to have a little more time in the oven so you're sure to come out just perfect.

It does, however, smack home for me how close we really are to meeting you. I mean, really, it could be any day now, although I have a feeling you won't be coming for at least a couple more weeks. Maybe around your due date... I think my gut is telling me probably a few days after your due date. But, we'll see! I'd love to have at least a few days of maternity leave to relax and also to wrap up a few projects and things, before you arrive. But, even if you did arrive earlier, I think we're prepared enough.

Last weekend was extremely hot -- it got up to 105 degrees in Dublin on Saturday. It made it hard to get a lot of stuff done, because at times all I wanted to do was hang out in front of the fan. Sunday was Father's Day, and it was a little bit cooler (but still pretty hot). We went over to your Grandpa Rick's and Grandma Joan's for a BBQ with them and Uncle Jason and Aunty Yen.

On Monday, I started not feeling well in the morning, and wound up with nausea and vomiting, just like a couple of weeks ago. This time, it lasted through Tuesday, and I spent most of Tuesday night hanging out in the bathroom, rocking back and forth to ease the stomach pain, and hoping I'd just vomit. Finally, I did, and it made me feel better enough that I was able to get to sleep. I felt much better the next morning, and the nausea/vomiting/indigestion/stomach pain hasn't returned since. Hopefully this won't be a recurring theme in the last few weeks!

Outside of stuff like that, and the low platelets and other relatively minor things, I think I've been pretty blessed with this pregnancy. I never had my belly button pop out, like so many women do (it's just a very shallow innie). I did start getting some stretch marks a month or so ago, and now I have two decent patches on the bottom side of my belly. But, I tell Daddy that they're my "tiger stripes". Honestly, I don't see them as that big of a deal. I first got stretch marks in high school. They faded eventually, and if you look closely you can see them on my thighs and breasts and a few other parts. But I've never really felt self-conscious about them (maybe a little in high school... but not very much that I can recall)  So, I know that these ones aren't worth worrying over anyway. In fact, they're like a little badge of honor that I carried you. And if someone wants to judge me for having them, then quite frankly they're the loser with low self-esteem. I've also noticed recently that I've been getting tiny skin tags on my neck, which is apparently not uncommon. I don't notice them when I look in the mirror -- only when I stroke my neck with my hand. What else have I experienced...? Some nights my feet swell up a bit, but it's never been too bad. I can still squeeze into most of my shoes (and haven't really had to go up a size yet). And I think I've gained a bit of weight in my butt, hips and thighs (I've noticed a couple of small stretch marks on my upper thighs recently). Other than that, I can't think of too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment