Friday, June 8, 2012

35 weeks

5 weeks to go until your due date! I'm definitely feeling the crunch of time, and like there's still so much to do. I'm also ready to be done with work, but I have three more weeks left of that.

Here's my 35 week picture. I was comparing it to the 30 week, and it's crazy how much my belly has grown in only a few weeks! I can also see it in my legs a little more now, but I have been getting more swelling in my legs and feet lately.


I know a lot of women at this point start complaining that they're "done" being pregnant, and just want it to be over and for the baby to be here. I'm certainly excited to meet you soon, but also not quite ready to be done being pregnant. I actually like being pregnant, and for the most part it has been a really enjoyable, special experience. I love my pregnant body -- even the stretch marks (correction: tiger stripes) that recently popped up on the underside of my belly. I love feeling you move around inside me -- even when you are pushing on my bladder, or jamming a foot sharply out of my side. I love how your daddy will tenderly stroke my belly and lay his face up against it and giggle when you start kicking his face. I love how he speaks to you with his face pressed in close to my belly, and how he leans down to give "you" kisses hello and goodbye.And, I can't deny the fact that it's nice to be able to stuff myself at a meal, and instead of looking fat I just look pregnant!

Last Friday your Daddy and I went to see the Beach Boys at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, for their 50th anniversary reunion tour. Daddy splurged on VIP tickets, which got us access to the venue early, seats in the first 10 rows (we were in row 8), and we were able to attend the sound check. It was a lot of fun, and except for the part where I had to stand around for a bit (which is getting pretty uncomfortable now), I think I handled it pretty well. You seemed to handle it in stride too... you weren't "freaking out" like you were the week before at the A's game. Although you did get a little active when they played "California Girls"!

We spent most of the weekend getting some more stuff done in the nursery and around the house. Daddy and our neighbor Aaron pulled the dresser up the stairs on Sunday (which was not an easy task!), and I went to work right afterward getting all of the stuff from the baby shower unpacked and organized.

I took Monday off of work, to spend some extra time with Daddy, since his birthday was on Tuesday. We slept in, and then each ran a few errands in the morning. Then we went out to lunch at a Chinese place in San Ramon called Kings Palace. Afterward, we went to ZaZa for mani-pedis. It was so relaxing.

On Tuesday, I took your daddy out for dinner at Forbes Mill in Danville, where he had a Kobe beef filet mignon that he said not tops his list for all-time favorite filet mignons. It's just a bummer that I can't really eat steak right now (at least not cooked the way I like it, medium-rare). So, we'll have to go back there another time. It was nice having a quiet, romantic dinner out with Daddy -- something we probably won't get to do a whole lot for a while, once you're here. Although, I'm sure we'll try to find time to do nice things like that here and there. Daddy and I both agree that it's important for us to continue to nurture our relationship, so that you and any future siblings can grow up with a strong model for what a healthy, happy marriage looks like.

On Wednesday, we had another doctor's appointment, with Dr. Pham-Thomas. I got my results back from the bloodwork I did Monday morning, and unfortunately my platelets dropped again, this time to 115! It's not in the range where treatment is needed, but it was like a 20 point drop, which makes me wonder how much it might drop in the next month, when I have to come back and test again. I tried to ask the doctor some questions about it, but unfortunately the answer I got was mostly a "we don't really know much about why it happens". That's definitely not an answer I like to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment