Friday, June 1, 2012

34 weeks

Today marks 34 weeks, which is also a significant milestone in your development -- at this point, should you be born, your chances of survival are very high. But, let's keep you baking in there a little longer!
Last Friday, Daddy and I went to an A's game and tailgate with a bunch of Daddy's coworkers. I'm not sure you were liking all the noise in the stadium, because you were really moving around a lot, and pushing hard on my belly. When the crowd would really get going at something, you'd get especially active. Or... maybe you're just destined to be a big A's/sports fan! There was also a fireworks show after, and that seemed to get you riled up too.
Memorial Day was over the weekend, so I had Monday off. Daddy and I got lots more progress done on the nursery. He and Grandpa Rick worked on repainting the dresser. Nana Shirley and I went to the Pleasanton Antique Fair on Sunday, and I hoped to find some fun stuff for your nursery. We spent about 5 hours there, and perused the whole thing, and left nearly empty handed! I think I came home with a small picture frame and some vintage costume jewelry pieces I plan to use to make a special letter (of your first initial) to hang on the wall of the nursery. Then on Monday, we had JT, Aaron and Adam over for a little BBQ. Adam was showing off his upside-down crab walk, where he scoots around on back side using his legs and head, with his back arched up. Pretty cute!
The rest of this week was a little rougher. Wednesday morning, I woke up with some yucky indigestion, which quickly turned into nausea. I went into work, but ended up throwing up a couple of hours later. I felt pretty crummy the rest of the day, and barely felt like eating. Even the next day, I was still feeling not so hot, and not wanting to eat a lot. I stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm pretty sure I lost a couple of pounds over the last couple of days. Yikes.
Tonight Daddy and I are going to see the Beach Boys (they're doing a 50th anniversary reunion tour), in Berkeley at the Greek Theater. We bought a VIP package, which gets us seats within the first 10 rows, and we can attend the sound check. Daddy is super excited, and keeps saying how he hopes you're a Beach Boys fan too. I'm looking forward to it as well, but slightly apprehensive that it may bother you, considering how you were reacting at the A's game last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment