Friday, May 18, 2012

32 weeks

10...9...*8* weeks to go!

Last weekend was Mother's Day. Daddy and I hosted a barbecue at our house on Sunday, for Nana Shirley, Grandma Joan, Aunt Sandra, as well as all the family (Grandpa Rick, Uncle Jason, Aunt Yen, Uncle Andy and cousins Kayla and Lily).  I spent most of Saturday running around prepping for the party, and taking care of a few other errands. Even though I really tried to keep things simple this time around, I still wore myself out both Saturday and Sunday. Everybody seemed to have a nice time on Sunday, and that's what counts though.

I'm feeling more and more anxious about the long list of things that needs to get done before your arrival (or at least the things I think "need" to get done). I've compiled a list, so I can keep track of it all, and start checking things off. Hopefully that will help me feel like it's at least a little more under control. I feel like there are so many things I'm behind on though, because normally I'm the kind of person that would have already researched and decided on some of this stuff by now (like day care, and your pediatrician, for instance). I think I'm just feeling the tired and slowed down, and it's leading to me feeling a bit overwhelmed. I just keep trying to remind myself that everything will get done when it needs to be -- and if not, I'll figure it out.

Sleeping has definitely been getting harder. It's difficult to get really comfortable at night, and I find that I'm tossing and turning a lot. The advice is to not sleep on your back, because the weight of the uterus and baby can press on a large vein that runs from the lower half of your body to your heart, which can cause a lack of bloodflow and oxygen to both mom and baby. But, wouldn't you know it, I seem to frequently wake up on my back, and it often feels like the most comfortable position! There was a period where I got kind of anxious about it, but I've decided to just trust my body. I always make a point to fall asleep on my side, and I trust that if I roll over onto my back that my body will wake me if it starts to become problematic. Besides, I'm waking about every 2 hours to pee anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment