Friday, May 11, 2012

31 weeks

The countdown continues... 9 weeks to go (give or take)! I'm starting to feel anxious about how little time is left, and how much I still have left to do. Finish the nursery, find day care for you when I go back to work, finalize my maternity leave details with work, work up my birth plan, read a gazillion more books to prep for everything, get all of the thank you notes out for the shower, select a pediatrician... not to mention all of the things Daddy wants to try to get done around the house before you're here too, some of which are pretty big projects. Ugh... how will it all get done!

Daddy made a really big dent in the nursery this last week! Over the weekend he finished prepping the walls, and we bought the paint for the nursery. When I came home from work on Monday, the nursery was all painted! On Tuesday night we built the crib. We still need to build out the closet (Daddy wants to redo the cedar floor, and we need all of the rods and shelving, as well as doors for the closet), and Daddy wants to repaint your dresser before we bring it into the room, and I have lots of decorative details to figure out, but I'm excited that we're now making good progress! Once we get the closet and dresser installed I can start organizing all of the stuff we have for you (which is all still flooding our back room floor).



Also this week, I noticed my first stretch marks (from the pregnancy -- I already have some from when I was a teenager) on the underside of my belly. At first just one tiny patch on the left, and then a couple of days later a tiny patch on the right showed up. Oh well... par for the course, right? I've seen some women refer to them as their "tiger stripes", so I'll just go with that!

We had another doctor's appointment last night with Dr. Pham-Thomas. Things continue to look good. I went back to give more blood last weekend, and my platelet levels only dropped a few points, which the doctor said she's not concerned about. She'll have me come back again in a month for another test, just to be sure, but she seems to be not worried. We also made some more progress on negotiating my birth plan, and she agreed to intermittent over continuous fetal monitoring.

And earlier this week we did the tour of the hospital where we're planning to have you. Of course, your mom was the only one asking a bunch of questions, but I left feeling more confident and clear about things. At the very least, it's one more thing I can check off my list!



No comments:

Post a Comment