Friday, May 4, 2012

30 weeks

Today marks 30 weeks... which means only 10 weeks left to go! It feels like an official countdown has begun, like at ten seconds before midnight, or right before they launch a space shuttle (a program that has sadly been ended in the US, making me wonder if you'll ever get to experience witnessing such a thing in your childhood, if not your life).

Last weekend was obviously the baby shower. Now the backroom floor is covered with all of the gifts. We need to really get started on the nursery, or otherwise this stuff is going to be cluttering up the floor forever! Naturally, Daddy isn't too keen on that idea, and I think the constant visual reminder will help speed things along. We've got a birthday party for Dan & Melinda's little girl Bianca (who just turned 2) tomorrow, but hopefully we'll be able to get started on the nursery this weekend at least. I'm excited!

Sleep has been getting more and more challenging, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. I'm finding that it's hard to stay comfortable in the same position for long, plus all of those trips to the bathroom at night. And then at least a couple of times a week now, it seems, I wake up to pee and cannot go back to sleep for at least an hour, if not more. That actually happened the morning of the baby shower, and I ended up lying awake starting at around 5:30 in the morning... after about an hour I gave up and went and sat in the glider in the nursery (one thing that is already in there), and wound up chatting via Facebook with another woman I know who is pregnant (and due right after you), who was also up at a ridiculous hour on a Saturday morning (for her, it was thanks to a disturbing pregnancy nightmare). We chatted for awhile, and I finally gave up on going back to bed. I thought I heard daddy stirring, so I went in to check on him (but he was still snoozing... punk!) so I started trying to figure out what I was going to wear to the shower (I had bought like 8 dresses to choose from at home!)

Also... I got a little distracted by the shower and everything last weekend, and failed to take my every-five-week picture, so I'm submitting this one a week late!


No comments:

Post a Comment